Monday, May 4, 2009

Thankful

I have been really, really sick.  It's miserable being sick in the first place, but being sick while pregnant and having both my guys sick at the same was un-fun (to say the least).  I've been oh, so slowly recovering and trying to get my life back in tidy order.  While I was miserably unwell, I did quite a bit of thinking about thinks that I was thankful for even though I felt awful.  After all "A merry heart does good like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones." (Proverbs 17:22)

Here are at least parts of my thankful list:

~I'm thankful that if I had to get a cold and a flu at the same time, at least I the total amount of sick time was shorter than if I had gotten them one after another. (I hope.)
~It's much easier to put up with more snowy weather in the spring when you can't go out and enjoy the sunshine.
~I'm thankful that Benjamin and Little Man seem to be getting better faster than I am.
~Being sick while pregnant sure beats being sick with a new born.
~I'm thankful for my mom who came over to cook, wash dishes, and generally take care of me.  (She's amazing!)
~I'm thankful for the smell of onions.  They really do smell especially nice when one has a cold.
~I'm thankful that my parents were willing to take Little Man for a night so that we could get uninterrupted sleep (it was blissful!).
~And I'm thankful that Little Man was good for them. ; )
~I'm thankful that I was able to work on my crazy quilt some more and am eagerly looking forward to the finished product.
~Right now I'm so, so thankful that I'm starting to get well!

3 comments:

Tammie said...

stitching under oaks said...

goodness. I'm so glad you're feeling better. It's good to be thankful even in the midst of sickness. And congratulations on your pregnancy. Take care of yourself and your little one.

summer said...

christina, i am so sorry to hear that you've been sick lately! oh my goodness. i can't even imagine being sick & being a mom at the same time. how do you do it?! after reading this post, i just wanted to tell you how much i admire your good attitude! you truly have a merry heart. proverbs 17:22 is one of my very favorite verses. i loved reading your list of things to be thankful for. i so hope you're feeling better today- get well soon!!

ps. i cannot thank you enough for reading my blog, christina. and especially for all the sweet comments you leave me! comments are like chicken soup for the blogger's soul. you are the best. thank you again and again.

pps. your menu making tips are absolutely brilliant! can't wait to put them to work in my home.