Monday, October 15, 2012

little raw edged quilt

For a while I made flannel baby quilts
as gifts for all of our friends who had babies.
I am trying to phase this out,
combining my remaining flannel scraps into a few last quilts.

I decided to turn these pretty flannel scraps
into six inch squares
which I sewed wrong sides together
(talk about a weird feeling).
Then I clipped the exposed raw edges
and washed it,
creating a fuzzy, cozy, frayed-edged little blanket.
The clipping probably took as long as the sewing.

The back is made of a few green squares
and a lot of this vintage (?) pink print
featuring what appear to be tiny cat heads
sprouting from cotton plants.
(It's actually a little creepy.)
The colors worked, and I didn't have to spend money,
so I decided not to be too picky.

Cat head vegetation notwithstanding,
I love this little blanket enough that if the new baby is a girl,
I'm definitely keeping it!

3 comments:

stitching under oaks said...

with all of that flannel, it has to be cozy! I love the look of the rag edging...you did a great job! (even if there are creepy cat heads on it) :)

Tammie said...

i love the front, and laughed at your description of the back. :D

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

This is so pretty, Christina, and I can imagine how wonderfully soft! :)