Sunday, December 8, 2013

knit. drink tea. repeat.

In the beginning of October I had a surgery.
It wasn't really major, but the recovery was still long and painful.
I entertained myself by working on a couple of e-courses,
filling up an art journal, and kitting.

And now, even though I've healed,
the ridiculous cold temperatures lend themselves
to cozy curling on the couch with some yarn and a cup of hot tea,
so I've continued knitting.

These are the projects I've completed in the past few months:


A beautiful, elegant pattern.
(I learned how to make short rows!)
This hat was an instant favorite,
well-worth the price for the pattern.

Sweet Life fingerless gloves
I was using up leftover yarn from the Lucy hat,
so these are shorter than the pattern recommends.
This was a fun pattern;
I enjoyed learning the mock honey comb stitch.

Once again, these are short (and have funky colorblocked thumbs)
because I was using up scraps of yarn.
The mitts are stretchy and comfortable.
I gave them to my Mum for her to wear at work
because her office is quite chilly in the winter.

This is not really a complicated pattern,
but I had the hardest time not messing up my counting.
So much unraveling...

Lizzy Lid
This was really not the yarn to use for this pattern;
neither the lovely stitch patterns nor the striping in the yarn
is showcased in this combination.
Live and learn...

This darling baby hat is very stretchy to grow with baby
and makes the perfect little gift.
I'll definitely be making more of these.

I am always amazed at the variety and quality
of free knitting patterns available.
Thank you, you lovely people
who share your patterns with such generosity!

3 comments:

Jess said...

I really love the "Lotus Hat" that Pattern is so cute!

I don't knit, but I am learning to crochet a bit!

Abbey said...

You are an amazing knit-er! That white and red hat!

Raise Them Up said...

All of your creations are beautiful. But I love the lotus hat! So pretty!

It's cold here, too. I'm SOOO ready for spring. And for the kids to have school more than half a day per week! We're going to be making up days well into June, sadly. Today is the first day in I can't remember how long that the boys went to school on time. I hardly know what to do with myself! Lol! So I'm sipping coffee and catching up. :)