Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Work in Progress

Yep, that's me. A work in progress.

For I am confident of this very thing,
that He who began a good work in you
will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6

This verse has encouraged me today. It's one of those days where I feel like I'm not making much progress. I have good moments and bad moments. And while I've done fairly well so far on the outside, at least, I feel like I'm always on the edge of crabbiness and complaining thought patterns. Little Man is teething and is experimenting with limit trying. I had discouraging dreams. I can't find the quilt I would like to finish this week. I have errands I must do this afternoon, but I really don't feel like loading up my toddler and lugging him and my big belly around town. Sounds bad, doesn't it?

But when I pull back and look at it all in perspective, it really isn't bad. Because I am God's work in progress. He loves me and is teaching me to be at peace in Him through the things that seem like irritants today. He is giving me strength. I will choose to live in His peace and strength.

"For it is God who works in you to will and to act
according to his good purpose."
Philippians 2:13

"Let us not lose heart in doing good,
for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary."
Galatians 6:9

1 comment:

Journeying Five said...

Isn't that true! Thanks for the encouragement...we are all on a journey and not yet finished!