Thursday, June 9, 2011

matching wallet

I have been wanting a new wallet for a while; one that will hold not only my cash, change, and cards, but also my checkbook. After finishing my new messenger bag, I decided to dive right in and attempt making a matching wallet.

Usually I have a carefully thought out, well-defined plan in my mind and sketched on paper before beginning to sew a new design. This time, however, I uncharacteristically dove in and winged most of the aspects of the wallet. It might have turned out better with a more careful plan, but then again, it might not have. The outside certainly looks just like I envisioned it, and the inside is serviceable in spite of the fact that it is not as nearly perfect as I would have liked.

I decorated the flap of the wallet with a small flower matching the flowers on my bag. About half way through making the walled, I realized that without planning it, I had made a messenger bag and a wallet that coordinate nearly perfectly with my flower-decorated vintage suitcase. If I ever travel with all three I will be one coordinated gal. : )


2 comments:

Tammie said...

useful and beautiful both. :)

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

I ADORE the colors you chose for this project and the flower is so funky and fun! And the suitcase well I AM DROOLING! What a find!