Monday, March 19, 2012

monday menu

["the juice and zest of one lemon"]

Speaking of lemon zest, last week I discovered that stirring a little lemon zest into my honey lemon tea along with the usual honey and lemon juice adds a nice, extra lemony zing. (I don't like chunks of stuff in my beverages, though, so I strained it out before sipping away.)

This week will be a little different than usual since Sweet Pea and I are travelling with Benjamin to a work conference at the beginning of the week while the boys stay with my parents.  He's attending the conference while we get some extra sleep and do some shopping and sight seeing.

M-out to dinner to eat something nice that we don't get in our small town
T-we'll probably pick something up on the drive home
W-grilled cheese and tomato soup
Th-creamy chicken orzo soup (This is a new one, and hopefully it'll taste okay. I'm not usually a fan of cabbagey things, but we have cabbage left over from our St. Patrick's day dinner, and I don't want it to go to waste.)
F-chick pea casserole (I love chick peas, and in this recipe, they're just fabulous.)

What's on your to-make list this week?

1 comment:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

It is amazing how a little zest can have so much flavor! I hope you have a wonderful trip!! :)