Tuesday, June 12, 2012

sunrise, sunset...

Sunrise, sunset...the days slip by, each full, and before I know it weeks of days have passed and I have hardly photographed and written nothing.  I miss it.  Here is a nice, jumbled list of some of the things that have been filling our days lately.

The biggest recent happening is the discovery that Baby #4 is on his/her way.  It took a little while for the surprise to wear off, but we're excited and already have names picked out.  I'm due January 1, so we're in for a whole new experience with a winter baby (the other three are late summer/early autumn babies).

Thankfully the nausea has been quite manageable this time around (the best yet!), but the fatigue has been brutal.  There have been a lot of naps and early bed times.

We have been reading and are looking forward to participating in the library's summer reading program.

Benjamin's parents visited for Memorial Day weekend and brought their cat with them.  The cat was naturally a huge hit with our animal-loving boys.  We have a lovely, relaxing visit with them complete with good food, golf, naps (haha) and a little shopping.

This is Frodo the cat (or as Brother calls him "Fwoo-do"

Dishes are an inevitably large part of the everyday.

My new-every-two contract renewal for my cell phone is coming up, and I reeeeaally wanted a smart phone (c'mon, everybody has one!). I dealt with my covetousness issues and rehashed how the monthly fee for a data plan is not really something we want to pay for a service which I definitely don't need.  And then we decided that a Kindle would be a better investment.  I feel spoiled and have been thoroughly enjoying getting to know my new gadget.  I've been doing a whole lot more reading to myself these days.

Benjamin also got me a subscription to my favorite foodie magazine for Mother's Day.  I've been enjoying reading that too.  (For some reason I still kick into summer-is-the-reading-season gear like I did when I was in school.)

And then there's the laundry.  I'm really growing in my ability to find satisfaction in getting the laundry washed/folded/put away.  It's a good thing.

We've been drinking yummy lattes.

And eating lots and lots of fruit.  We've been taking full advantage of our community's recently launched branch of the Bountiful Baskets Co-op.  I've been enjoying finding creative ways to use unusual fruits and veggies that we wouldn't get otherwise.

In addition to our seasonal allergies, we are getting over a nasty bout of summer colds.

There has been lots of imaginative dinosaur (and train and sandbox) play.


There has been treasure collecting,

and gift giving.

Really, it's been a good start to the summer.  Hopefully the rest will be just as good.  I'll try to update more frequently, but I'm not going to make any promises because I might need to nap...or decide to read...or soak up some sun.

6 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I get an error when submitting, so I am not sure if you are getting my comment or not? lol I wanted to say congratulations on the New Year's baby!! SO exciting. Your family is so sweet and adorable. Looks like you have all been having lots of fun. Hope the colds are gone!

Tammie said...

i love the clever way you put together the photos and narration. <3

A Mommy's World said...

Hurray! Congratulations on baby number 4! :-) so exciting! :-) :-)

Emily Real said...

Your comment on finding joy and satisfaction in the laundry reminds me of the song "Setting up the Pins" by my favorite artist, Sara Groves. Maybe it will be a good humming tune for you when you're folding tiny clothes. :)

And baby #4-Congrats!!

SarahZ said...

Such a blessing to treat myself to your blog now and then! Wonderful news on #4! Simply precious, the whole lot of you :)

Sarah said...

Waaaa !! Congratulations :) Just had a chance to catch up on your blog and read this fab news!