Tuesday, May 11, 2010

some days

some days
need more grace
than others

sharp words cut
worries rise
disappointments sting
decisions loom
unknowns gape at me

the boys sleep
and i make a dash
for the shower

where i try to calm
my run-away mind
start to pray
hum a snatch of song

hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away

God and His powerful grace
the very constant
on which i must focus

i will be still
i will trust
i will see His work

3 comments:

Tammie said...

♥ praying for you.

good poem, btw.

Debi said...

Very nice, thoughtful. I hope you had a great day!

Marisa said...

God knew I needed to read this today. Thanks for sharing such lovely thoughts. I'm off to go download that song right now (not sure why I don't have it already).