Sunday, April 10, 2011

i am commanded to
"Be still,
and know that I am God."

i am given the option to
"Cast your burden upon the LORD
and He will sustain you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken."

and Jesus pleads with me
"Come to Me,
all who are weary and heavy-laden,
and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

so why
do i cling to my worries and fears
nourish my discontent
indulge anxiety
engage in frantic-paced days
allow myself to be upset
and distracted from what matters most

why?

it is not
so hard to let go
to offer empty hands
and peaceful heart
as i make myself believe

not when i have His help

i lift my voice in praise
"Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burden,
The God who is our salvation."