Saturday, July 2, 2011

nursery nook-curtains

I've been in a whirl of activity lately. I photographed another wedding on the 18th of June and am still working on editing the photos from it. Then we traveled to Utah for a long weekend of visiting Benjamin's family and for him to play music for another wedding on the 25th. The trip involved the usual amount of flurry, packing, schedule disruption, unpacking, and recovery. The day after we arrived home I was seized with the urge to organize and clean and generally be in a crazy, exhausting, nesting flutter.

All this to say that while I'm making lots of progress, I haven't exactly been accomplishing the kind of photo-worthy projects dear to my heart. ; ) A couple of weeks ago, though, I did make and photograph new valances for Sweet Pea's nursery-nook. Due my self-made whirlwind described above, I haven't written about them yet, though. So here goes...

I wanted something that was feminine and frilly without being too over the top. Something that she'll be able to appreciate as she grows. Oh, and they had to be something with ruffles.

I think I succeeded in meeting all of my goals quite well.

The only thing, in fact, that I don't love about them is how red-white-and-blue they turned out. Hopefully when I incorporate these prints with the other colors and prints I plan on using in the rest of the their red-white-and-blueness will be toned down.

Hopefully I'll be back soon with more progress on Sweet Pea's nursery-nook. After all, she's due to arrive in about a month...

3 comments:

Tammie said...

beautiful work, christina.

The Imperfect Sojourner said...

these are so sweet. nice work... well done :)

stitching under oaks said...

sweet for sure! love them...that looks like the perfect little spot for baby swooning. what a great corner for sweet pea to nap! the curtains look wonderful.