Thursday, February 16, 2012

free form

I had all sorts of nifty ideas for valentines to make with the boys pinned this year. However, when push came to shove, it just didn't happen.  We've been battling colds (nothing too horrible, just sore throats and body aches that we just can't seem to shake), and we had several appointments last week which interrupts the flow of our days.

The boys had been wanting to paint for a while, so I cut sheets of 8 1/2 by 11 inch cardstock into four pieces, and let the boys paint their own, free form valentines (aka mini-masterpieces) to mail to our loved ones.  I have to say that it was a brilliant idea. The boys were thrilled to paint, I didn't have to work as hard, and all the recipients were happy.

[a beautiful sight]

The following are a some of my favorite mini-masterpieces:

"a tree" by Little Man

"a palm tree" by Brother

shapes by Little Man

"a radio" by Little Man

Brother was loving brown and pink that day.

finger painting by Brother

A nice painting by Brother

Little Man's color hand

2 comments:

Tammie said...

aww. they're all lovely!

The Imperfect Sojourner said...

very artistic! I think its the most amazing type of art. i ised to love when the preschoolers in my creche class would make me cards and pictures, i love the beauty they capture. I still have many of them safely put away in my attic :)