Tuesday, May 8, 2012

KCWC day 3: leggings and embellished onesie for Sweet Pea

Don't get me wrong, I like pink just fine (especially when it's combined with green), and I enjoy dressing my little Sweet Pea in fru-fru girly pink outfits.  However, I prefer to not be limited to dressing her exclusively in pink.  After all, pink is only one of the many lovely colors in the word!   That being said, I am extra-happy to present to you the latest in my Kids' Clothing [stretched out] Week Challenge:

I made these little leggings and embellished a plain onesie to match last Monday before the insanity began.  The pretty orange fabric came from a super-soft thrifted shirt that never quite hung right on me.  I based the leggings on a tutorial I saw a few weeks ago, though when I was drafting the pattern I did make the back a bit more roomy than the front to give them added comfort and quality.


I am so pleased with how comfy they are and how great the fit is.Can I just say again that I'm so glad I conquered my fears of sewing with knits and trying out my twin needle?

3 comments:

Emily Real said...

Super cute...the leggings and matching onesie. You did a great job and of course, your Sweet Pea is darling. :)

Tammie said...

she is so darling in that outfit! it suits her. beautifully done, christina.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

My goodness... I know I say it all the time, but she is just so darn cute!! Love the outfit. Adorble!!