Thursday, May 17, 2012

KCWC day 4: skirts for Sweet Pea

Day four of KCWC (Kid's Clothing [extended] Week Challenge) brought two little skirts for Sweet Pea.

The first was an absurdly simple upcycling project.  It was a cute little 0-3 month dress that Sweet Pea didn't really get a chance to use.  I simply cut off the bodice, folded over a little extra fabric for a casing, and threaded some elastic through.  It's just the right length for her.

I used the same fabric that I used for Sweet Pea's coordinating leggings and onesie for the second skirt.  It's based on this tutorial for an itty bitty baby circle skirt.  It turned out so cute I can hardly stand it.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get any good photos of Sweet Pea in either of her new skirts (though she has worn them!).  I decided to go ahead and post about them anyway since I'm getting tired of having this in my drafts folder. : )  You'd just have to believe me when I tell you she looks adorable in them.

2 comments:

Tammie said...

lol. oh, i believe it! these skirts are so cute.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

They are so cute! I am sure she looks adorable in them! :)