Friday, July 26, 2013

and in the summer we are fruitivores

I think I've mentioned before
how much I love being able to get Bountiful Baskets!
I appreciate how it pushes me to try new vegetables
(grilled eggplant, or sauteed kale anyone?),
but my favorite is the variety of fruit we receive.
Here are a couple o fun fruity things I have made recently.

Taste the rainbow--nutritiously.
Top to bottom:
Strawberries, cantaloupe, pineapple,
honeydew, blueberries, and plums.
(Yes, I know that there is an indigo stripe in there too.
But tell me what kind of fruit is indigo.)

It really was a big hit
even though they look less than enthusiastic. :)

And of course there have been more popsicles.
left to right:
tropical smoothie
(banana, mango, pineapple, coconut milk)
red, white, and blueberry
(strawberry puree, vanilla yogurt, whole blueberries)
melon-berry
(honeydew and cantaloupe with whole blueberries)

left to right:
mango peach
kiwi slice and whole blueberries in apple juice
apple plum

This week we also enjoyed
 skewers of deliciously sweet frozen grapes,
but those disappeared too quickly for photos.

No comments: