Saturday, July 6, 2013

birthday in a bottle 2

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday.
(How fantastic is it that we were friends
long before Ben and I were together!)
I thought she needed a little bit of birthday hullabaloo,
so I sent her some happy mail.

happy birthday balloon
bright pink nail polish
girly post-it notes (see the shoes?)
two pairs of earrings
tic tacs (because a cupcake would't mail well)
curly ribbon (not pictured above)
and a generous sprinkling of star confetti

I cut open a bottle, put all the goodies inside,
then finished the package with a sparkly pink paper band,
address labels, and tape.
Lots of tape.

Then I weighed it and stamped it
and stuck it in the mail.
Here's hoping it brings a smile to her face.

6 comments:

Debi said...

She will love it!

Beth Morey said...

That's awesome!

Tammie said...

I can't wait to see her response!

schullerfamily said...

So creative! I'm stealing this idea :D

Debie Grace said...

This is so cute!! :)

HeARTworks said...

That is a terrific idea!!! Love it! patsy