Friday, January 23, 2009

100th post and 100 things you may or may not have wanted to know about me

I can't believe that I'm already on my 100th post! I have enjoyed blogging so much since I began in September. It has been fun making new friends and being able to share my day-to-day adventures.

I read somewhere that it's customary to write 100 things about yourself for your 100th blog post. While I'm not exactly sure how customary it really is, I thought it was a fun idea. ; ) Here goes!

1. I am Redeemed by God.
2. I allowed Him to rule in my life save me from my bondage to sin when I was four years old.
3. Both of my parents were instrumental in bringing me to Him,
4. But my dad was the one who was there and helped me at the actually moment of surrender.
5. I can remember a distinct change in my life, even though I was so young.
6. The first verse I remember memorizing is John 3:16.
7. My favorite Bible stories when I was small were the stories of the Good Samaritan and Mary and Martha (I think they are both in Luke 9) and the story of Joseph.
8. My favorite books of the Bible are James and I Peter.
9. I met my husband when I was 9 and he was 14, though neither of us really remembers it.
10. When we were older, he was my piano teacher.
11. And he accompanied for me as I played my flute for concerts and competitions.
12. He wrote (and still writes) music for me. ; )
13. He is tall, dark, and handsome.
14. As time passed, we became better and better friends.
15. We knew that we were meant for each other when I was 16.
16. We got engaged when I was 18.
17. Most of our relationship was long distance.
18. We made the most of cell phones and e-mail!
19. My engagement ring is an heirloom from my mother-in-law.
20. My husband got my wedding band custom made to go with it.
21. It has two rubies instead of the traditional diamond. ; )
22. We got married on August 19th.
23. Our wedding colors were sage green, and cranberry red.
24. No, they did not look Christmassy.
25. Our first kiss (my first kiss ever!) was on our wedding day after we were married.
26. It was worth waiting for. ; )
27. Unlike many people, we had no unity candle problems.
28. We went camping in Yellowstone for our honeymoon.
29. Our first apartment was over the local IGA grocery store.
30. It was old but was about 1,000 sq. ft. and had character.
31. Little Man was born just over a year after we were married.
32. I was in labor for five days!
33. He is small, fair, and cute.
34. Baby #2 is due on our wedding anniversary, August 19.
35. We have a boy name picked out.
36. But we haven't decided on a girl name yet.
37. I love to read.
38. I think Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is my favorite fiction book.
39. But then I start thinking about other book that I like too.
40. I try to choose books with uplifting content to read.
41. I also love to cook.
42. I especially love baking desserts and breads.
43. My favorite cookbooks are the Joy of Cooking and Bread and Bread Machines.
44. I enjoy sewing.
45. I love to sew quilts.
46. I also love to make up elaborate curtain patterns.
47. But I don't really love the quilting process.
48. I like scrap booking.
49. But sewing stresses me less than scrap booking does.
50. I enjoy visual arts.
51. But the only one I'm good at is calligraphy.
52. I can't dance to save my life--that may be the only "art" that I am not gifted in at least a little bit.
53. I play piano and flute.
54. I tried clarinet, but I didn't get far.
55. I enjoy teaching music.
56. I started teaching private music lessons when I was 15.
57. I currently have two students: a flute student and a piano student.
58. We play music at our local nursing home.
59. And at church.
60. I am an only child.
61. It's lonely.
62. I used to hate it when my friends would say that I was lucky because I was an only child.
63. It's not as lonely now that I have a husband and baby. ; )
64. I enjoy interacting as a sibling in my husband's family. It's a new experience.
65. I have "adopted" various people throughout my life to be "siblings".
66. I have an adorable niece.
67. And an amazingly cute "nephew."
68. And another "niece" on the way!
69. I have never had a "best friend."
70. I have too many treasured friends to choose just one.
71. I take that back; my husband is probably my best friend here on earth.
72. I lived four years in Brazil.
73. I fell into the Amazon River when I was five.
74. I couldn't swim.
75. My dad jumped in after me and fished me out.
76. I tried to convince everyone that I was Brazilian.
77. I succumbed to peer pressure and ate fish eyes at one of my Brazilian friend's house when I was seven or eight.
78. I enjoy telling the story to get dramatic reactions. ; )
79. When I was little I used to count the compliments that I received when I wore a new outfit.
80. Yes, I was a vain little girl.
81. No, I don't do it anymore. ; )
82. The longest I've ever lived in one place is six years.
83. That was in Utah.
84. But I've lived here in Montana for 4 1/2 years.
85. I used to do cross stitching.
86. But I don't anymore.
87. It's hard to think of 100 things about me.
88. I enjoy listening to a wide variety of Christian music.
89. I enjoy a bit of classical music here and there.
90. But usually I like having a quiet house.
91. I am not a neat freak.
92. My house is never spotless.
93. Sometimes I wish it were.
94. I mopped my floor yesterday.
95. I enjoy the classic pooh books by A.A. Milne and plan to read them to my children.
96. I am afraid this is getting random.
97. The only "sport" I was ever any good at was roller blading.
98. I got my only broken bone (my wrist) from falling while roller blading.
99. The most pets I have had at once is three, and the only one I have now is a fish.
100. I had a happy childhood, and I'm satisfied with where I am as an adult (that's not to say that I'm planning to stop growing and changing, though!).

6 comments:

Tammie said...

i love it!

Raise Them Up said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Fish eyes, eh? The rest of your post got kind of fuzzy as I tried to shake that image...lol! It was fun to get to know you more. :)

Joyful said...

Love what you are sharing! Your blog is very nice.

I would be honored if you visited my website at: http://www.joyfulexpressions.us

If you ever got back into cross stitching, I design charts that nearly all feature Bible verses. A favorite free chart is "His Name is Jesus" which has blessed many.

Sandra

Robert Sagor said...

That was funny! I really enjoyed reading it! :)

Shaina said...

My first kiss was on my Wedding day as well :)

I loved reading your list!

-Shaina

Kate @ A Simple Walk said...

Your list was so much fun to read!!! I made me smile. :) Congrats on your 100th post.

Thank you for sharing so much about yourself and giving us all a chance to get to know you better.