Friday, January 2, 2009

A little of this, and a bit of that...

Yesterday my mom came over and helped me do some much-needed cleaning and organizing. I'm so thankful to have it done. None of the tackled projects were huge in and of themselves, but they were overwhelming.

The first one was this kitchen counter. See the beautiful expanse of usable space? It didn't used to be usable. I have less storage space in this kitchen than in my previous one and have been rather lazy about finding places for all my stuff. So, I piled things on the counter. And the piles gradually got worse and worse! It feels good to have this counter clean and accessible. I am looking forward to being able to mix up my next baking so near to where all my ingredients are.


My bloggy friend, Laura, gave me two sweet awards yesterday. Thank you!

Along with the Kreativ Blogger one, I'm supposed to share six things that I'm thankful for (at least, I'm pretty sure it was six). ; )

While I'm thankful for many more things here are the first ones that come to mind:
1. My great and loving God to freed me for slavery to my own sinful and selfish desires.
2. My amazing husband, who (among other laudable things) made me his prize-winning french toast today.
3. My small and charming son, who is being a model of sweetness today even though he's not feeling well.
4. The Small Joy who's on the way. I can hardly wait to meet her/him this summer.
5. Good friends.
6. Music and Art.

I'm supposed to pass on the awards, but I always run into problems choosing who I want to pass them on to. : } So, if you would like to claim one (or both) of these and pass them on to your friends, please feel free to! Chances are, if you are reading this that I love your blog. ; )

On a distantly related note, my friend Cassie just started up a blog account. Perhaps you'd like to go visit her page and welcome her to the bloggy world.


I am enjoying listening to my husband playing music. Later, he is going to make ravioli. I can't wait...they always turn out yummily. I going to sign off for now and go make these tasty sounding confections since I don't have to worry about dinner tonight. I'll get to use my newly clean and organized counter! Woohoo! So exciting. ; )

6 comments:

Tammie said...

i like the lemonade stand. but what would i do with it on a day like today?

Tammie said...

oh, and by the way, i loved the post. your counter looks oh-so-lovely.

no fair. french toast and ravioli on the same day? what did you do to merit that? oh, yes. you're expecting. you do deserve sweetness.
oh, and then also you are such a sweetie that it's hard not to indulge you.

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Oh, to have my momma help me organize my pantry! I think I may give her a ring... hee hee!
Jennifer

Spaceofgrace said...

Hey, congratulations! I didn't know you are pregnant! What a wonderful blessing. And I love your counter. Hope your baby feels better soon. Nothing like a mama's arms... God sure knew how to pack some serious comfort in there!

Jessica said...

The transition back to reality went very smoothly...esp since my Mondays are the craziest day at work. Raviolis sound so yummy right now-I'm going to have to check out that recipe you linked to.

Christina said...

I'm glad you liked it! I am craving it but I know I shouldn't make it...I'm trying to drop a few pounds. :)