Friday, December 9, 2011

handmade Christmas 2011

Benjamin's family draws names for Christmas. When I draw a girl's name, it's easy to figure out what to make, but last year I drew the oldest brother's name, and this year I drew the middle brother's name. Oy. Guys are harder to sew for.

When I looked at my brother-in-law's wish list this year, though, I was pleasantly surprised to see something that I thought I could make: a sock monkey golf club cover! I found a good tutorial and ordered some rockford red heel cotton monkey socks (yes, they're actually called that!). With some trepidation (I am much more comfortable making bags than monkeys, and I do not love sewing knit fabric), I began.

When I finished I was pleasantly surprised at just how well the little fellow turned out. He came together quickly (I finished him in a single afternoon/evening.), and I was relieved to discover that knit fabric is actually easier to work with in some ways.

Yes, I am very pleased with how this little sock monkey golf club cover turned out. I hope that my brother-in-law will enjoy him!

No comments: