Thursday, January 13, 2011

firsts

Yesterday morning we had a little scare that ended up amounting to nothing. It was enough, however (especially after my miscarriage last year), that my doctor ordered an ultrasound and asked me to come in for a quick check up.

This was the first first trimester ultrasound that I've ever had. It was fun to get to see my growing baby earlier this time. Not to mention the relief and joy I felt to see the baby's heart beating away healthily and to see its' little feet kicking and arms waving!

This is the first picture ever taken of little Sweet Pea. (Sweet Pea is waving "hi" to you all.) : ) It blows my mind to think that this tiny baby is only about two inches long, yet it has fingers, toes, a little face, and the ability to move around. Truly we are fearfully and wonderfully made!

5 comments:

A Mommy's World said...

So thankful things are fine! We had a scare at the beginning of this pregnancy too. Scary, but a great reminder how God cares for our little tiny babies. :)

keri beth said...

i didn't realize you miscarried last year, i'm sorry. but i am so glad that everything is just perfect now! it is amazing how were are able to see them so little :)

Debi said...

So glad everything is fine with you and the baby. My first sonogram 37 years ago was little, tiny green dots on a black background. It didn't look anything like a baby but I was so excited. How far we have come.

stitching under oaks said...

What wonderful news! this is going to be an exciting year of big changes for you and your family. I'll be praying for a great pregnancy and blessing on your throughout! Thanks for sharing your great news.

Raise Them Up said...

Just stopping by to catch up today. And I'm so glad I did! Your little Sweet Pea is beautiful! I'm glad things are going well for you.

Hugs