Monday, September 21, 2009

Two

Today my firstborn is two. I can hardly believe how the time has flown. It seems that the days between that first time I held my tiny newborn son and today have passed by in a few blinks. Yet I have experienced so many precious moments as I watch him grow and learn. And I have grown so much as I care for and teach him. How could all of those priceless moments, experiences, and stages have fit into a mere two years? They have been full and wonderful.

Right now Little Man is
Delighting in anything BIG
Relishing loud noises
Beginning to talk up a storm
Being a little more affectionate
(though he still isn't cuddly,
he is giving more hugs
and the occasional kiss)
Remembering things I have forgotten
Reciting parts of his favorite books
Loving puzzles and bouncy balls
Making big snakes with play-doh
Climbing
Opening
Reaching
Jumping without quite lifting his feet
Shouting "RUN" as he dashes through the house
Finally really getting hair
Wearing 2T
Drinking from a real cup
Still working on using silverware
Always asking for more music
Playing shakers like a pro
Reviewing the alphabet
Seeing things from a unique perspective
(he keeps me on my toes
as I try to guess his thought process)
Talking to his grandparents on the phone
Asking to have notes from relatives read to him a jillion times
Loving his little brother
Admiring his Daddy and trying to be like him
Being a big boy helper to his Mama
Growing
Changing
Learning
I love him so much.

Happy Birthday to him.
I'm looking forward to many more.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Lovely post. Your boys are just beautiful :)

stitching under oaks said...

Happy Birthday to your little man! Two is such a wonderful age. I remember when I brought each of my babies home how they older sibling, just seemed so much bigger and louder!