Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Handmade Christmas 2012

With a new baby due on January 1st, I decided that it would be wise to significantly scale back my handmade Christmas goals this year as well as to get an early start!  We drew my older niece's name for Christmas, and I couldn't resist making something frilly and pink.

I used a tutorial I saw a while ago to get me started, and made it my own by adding ombre ribbons to the layers of ruffles.

The little skirt goes equally well with both of the shirts I got for a steal off of the GAP Kids clearance rack. (My niece lives in the Phoenix, Arizona area, so light, summery clothes work for her almost year-round.)

I couldn't resist the addition of two coordinating hair bows.  I'm so pleased with how it all turned out that now I'm having a hard time waiting until Christmas to send it to her!

No comments: