Saturday, April 2, 2011

addicting

I began writing this post a loooong time ago (last November, to be precise) and never got around to finishing and publishing it. For now I've moved on from making flower pins, but I'll come back to them. In the meantime, here are the ones I made last autumn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess what. I love making fabric flower pins. They are so quick and fun, and they're the perfect hand-sewing project for those moments when I don't have time or energy to deal with the sewing machine.

I've been excitedly making left over fabric scraps that I would have thrown away into flowers, flowers, and more flowers. Most of them I attach to a pin.

Some the tiny flowers, though, I attached to itty-bitty hair clips for baby shower and first birthday gifts for friends' little girls.

And then I couldn't resist making some larger flower-embellished hair clips to give to my cutie-pie niece for Christmas.

And then I made a bunch more from upcycled wool scraps and bits of yarn. (Oh, and a random carnation-y one out of flannel.)

These quick flowers are so fun to make, and I can think of so many uses for them that I find myself quite addicted.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I would love to buy a flower pin :) These are wonderful!