Wednesday, February 1, 2012

quick onesie embellishment

Okay, okay, yes, I was supposed to refrain from any more projects until I complete the ones that I already have begun.  After twenty-some bibs, though, I'm starting to feel just a little crazy.  Even with a visible light at the end of the tunnel (only seven more to go!), I needed a teeny tiny break.

I bought a package of plain white onesies for Sweet Pea to add some layering options to her wardrobe.  Most of them I'll leave plain, but I couldn't resist embellishing one of them with a sassy pink flower.  I layered scraps of fabric (solid pink cotton and some sort of pink sheer), and cut them into circles with pinking shears.  I folded the circles, attached them to the shirt with a few stitches (I reinforced shirt with a small piece of fusible interfacing inside), and added a vintage button in the center.  The stem is green rick-rack which I also hand stitched in place.  It took me all of half an hour to complete.

I just love a quick, instant gratification project.  Especially if the recipient is such a little happy cutie. (She did spit up on it right after these photos, though, which leaves me wondering if maybe she didn't like it...) : )

4 comments:

stitching under oaks said...

so sweet! Love how this just brightens up the whole outfit...and her smile...what a sweetie pie!

Tammie said...

awwww. that is *so* cute! <3

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Aww... how sweet! I love your photos of your daughter. She is so adorable. Makes me smile every time! :)

Raise Them Up said...

It's adorable, just like her! :)