Tuesday, February 21, 2012

handmade Christmas 2011

Well, I took my time getting around to photographing my parents' Christmas gifts, so these last two installments of my handmade Christmas 2011 posts are quite late.  Deciding what to make for my dad was simple.  I have made calligraphies of the first two sections of his favorite Psalm (Psalm 19), and I wanted to complete it.

[I'm not sure why this is so blurry; it wasn't before I uploaded it.]

This is part three, made of verses 12, 13, and 14.  I am quite pleased with how it turned out.  This is a new script for me; it was born as I worked on this project and is a mix of my normal handwriting with a few aspects from copperplate.  I'm not entirely comfortable with it yet, but I like it enough that I think we'll continue our relationship. : )

If you're interested, here is part 1 and part 2.  My dad was very happy with it though he hasn't hung all three up together yet.  When he does, I'll take pictures and post again.

No comments: