Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Glasses!

Today was a very fun day. My mom, my friend, my son, and I went to the "big city" to shop and to pick up my new glasses. See them over there? I like them a lot. ; ) I was pleased that I adjusted to the new prescription faster than I seem to remember adjusting last time. It's actually a huge answer to prayer that it turned out so well since I've been worried about getting my glasses done at Walmart after hearing of several people having nasty experiences. I'm so thankful to serve a God who cares about even little things!

I am a bargain hunter kind of shopper. And I was delighted to find some today (more of God caring about the little things in my life, I guess.) At JCPenny I was able to get some cute, modest shorts for less than two dollars. And a fun new ruffly edged t-shirt for the same price. I also found two polo shirts for Little Man at fifty cents apiece. When the cashier rang up my order, all I paid was $4.40, and I saved something like $83. Now that's a nice feeling (hooray for clearance racks!). I spent more at Goodwill where I found a cute J.Jill sweater and two nice shirts.

And I resisted the urge to spend money at several other stores since I'm trying to save up for a complete set of Jane Austen's books. (Not spending is also a good feeling.)

This evening we are probably going to go over to some good friends' house. So, since I still need to concoct a tasty dinner for my men, big and little, I will stop ratting on...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Christina said...

You are adorable! :) The glasses look great.

Tammie said...

so fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh, bargains are amazing!