Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Normal Day?

This morning started out grey and cloudy. A perfect day for a tidily planned normal day of doing laundry and dishes. I had all my ducks in a row and was excited to be getting an early start on laundry. I hauled the laundry baskets downstairs, switched on the laundry room light, and to my dismay discovered a significant puddle in front of the washing machine. Oh great, so much for my ducks.

My attitude was not very good. But, after praying, washing some dishes (at least I could do that part of my plan), removing a cute little one inch slug from my kitchen floor to the great outdoors where he belonged, and an attitude adjustment, I decided to rearrange my ducks and do what I had planned to do tomorrow. I made 20 pounds of pears into pear sauce, baked a double batch of my husband's favorite rolls, made some phone calls, and took a much needed nap.

This evening I started thinking about what a good day it really was, I just need to dwell on God's blessings, the things that I am glad and thankful for (even in the things I'm unhappy about), instead of the things I am disgruntled about. Here are photos of some of the good, happy, and altogether wonderful things of today.

My parents surprised me by giving us a deep freezer. Here it is with some of my carefully frozen fruits and veggies of the summer. ; ) I am so thankful for it. Now I can get something out of my upstairs freezer without being surrounded by a hail of frozen packages that were too precariously packed in. I am also thankful because it was delivered four days before they anticipated it being delivered! I guess God knew I needed some appliance cheer after the washing machine. ; )



Mmmm. This doesn't look nearly as good as it tasted! One of my favorite recipes, Garlic-ginger Chicken Kabobs. We also had asparagus and some of the above mentioned rolls.
Beautiful evening clouds! I loved the contrast between the airy, pink clouds and the thick, grey clouds. Too bad pictures don't do sunsets justice!
And here is my wonderful husband working on figuring out what was wrong in the laundry room. I'm so thankful for him. God has given me more than I ever deserved or dreamed of in him. Sure, there are rough times, but the good times far outweigh them. I love him so much.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tammie said...

love the pictures and the commentary! :) i'm glad your washer is fixed.

Spaceofgrace said...

Ha ha... love the ducks... too cute. Very cool that you got so much done! WOW. I'm in awe, and would love to taste some of those peaches. Aren't freezers wonderful?? I love mine too.