Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What We've Been Up To

I've been busy working on painting our upstairs bathroom the last couple of days. Here is the result. My wonderful husband painted the top part of the walls and the ceiling (they're hard for a short little 5'2" person like me to reach), and I painted the lower, blue part. I thought it would be fun to add some whimsical flowers, dots, and scrolls. I had fun with them.
As you can see, though the paint looks good, the painting mess is still around. It probably will be for a while (at least a few days) since my husband still needs to put the finishing touches on the white. I'm looking forward to getting the curtains back up, the light fixtures and light switch and outlet covers back on, and the general clutter cleared away.
Little Man "helped" in the bathroom. He kept me company, gave me some laughs, played with miscellaneous tools, and rediscovered the magic of a Kleenex box. Yes, there was a pile of tissues outside of the box by the time I realized what he was doing. ; )

Another new accomplishment is putting the colored rings onto the yellow post of the toy pictured to the left. Most the time, the rings are in the wrong order, but that makes it more fun. He is so pleased with being able to get the rings on and is so cute as he picks up a ring with both hands, concentrates to get it around the post, then smiles and claps in pleasure when it reaches its destination.
Sometimes the rings are even in order. ; ) (This is a picture of him clapping, see those little blurry hands?)

Today is the third day in a row that he has only taken one nap. : } I'm wondering if he's starting to outgrow his morning nap. But that's okay. I can learn to adjust to the pros and cons of a new schedule.

He has also started letting go of what he has pulled himself up on and taking experimental little steps. So far the most he has managed before a little controlled tumble is about one and a half steps, but we're still very excited.

It is a little hard to see how my tiny baby boy is growing into a sturdy, adventurous Little Man. But on the other hand, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm enjoying each new stage more than the last. I wouldn't have thought it would be possible to enjoy anything more than I enjoyed having him those first few days, but I find that my capacity to enjoy must be growing.

Anyway, there's my nice, rambly journal entry of the day for you. Can you tell I love to talk (maybe even brag a little?) about Little Man? ; )
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tammie said...

the bathroom painting looks lovely, and the pictures of Ian are adorable.