Tuesday, March 20, 2012

alpaca yarn

One of the vendors at the event I was a part of a couple of weeks ago is the owner of an alpaca farm. We had an enjoyable time chatting, and I hope to take the boys out to have an alpaca farm field trip when the weather is nicer.  In the course of our conversation, she mentioned that her puppies had gotten into some of her yarn, and she couldn't sell it, so she gave me three skeins to try out!

I've been crocheting my new alpaca yarn into hats for my little guys.  It's beautiful: fuzzy and softer than wool, lighter than cotton, and warmer than acrylic.  It's been a joy to work with, and I'm strongly inclined to look into purchasing some more from her next time I need more yarn for a project.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How lovely you get to try them out :) you'll be 'hooked' now ;) lol