Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March photo challenge

As you may recall, I decided to take part of the Project 12 photo challenge this year.  Well, apparently the one-theme-per-month challenge resulted in general outcry, so Project 12 has been changed to Project MCP, which has four challenges per month instead of one.  I procrastinated and missed February's challenge, so I got right on March's and did all four in the first week of the month.

Challenge #1: "Take a photo from a high vantage point, from above your subject."  This is probably the one I am least happy with.  The general idea is what I was aiming for, but I had hoped to include a little more of Sweet Pea's face.  With baby models you have to take what you can get, though. : )

Challenge #2: "Capture a photo using natural light."  I take nearly all of my photos in natural light, so I was a little at a loss for something new and creative for this one.  When slicing open an apple for the boys to eat, I noticed that it was sprouting and snapped a couple of photos. I loved how it turned out, so I decided to make it my natural light photo.

Challenge #3: "Express the following word in a photo: Transition"  Transitioning from white yarn to brown as I made stripes in Little Man's alpaca yarn hat.

Challenge #4: "Create a 'guess what' photo - this is a photo that is so close up that the subject becomes abstract."  Can you guess what it it?  It's not too hard, really, but it's of one of my favorite living room decor accents, and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

i love them all! :D no surprise?