Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ask. seek. knock.

Today Brother brought me the tin of mints that usually resides in my purse. He looked up at me with trust and hope and asked: "Min? Peeeeeesh?" (translated: "mint please") He clapped his hands with joy and anticipation as I opened the tin and gave him a mint. I love when my children make requests that I can grant, and I love seeing their unrestrained joy in the gifts I give them. As I savored the memory of this interaction with Brother, the following verses came to mind, made poignantly clear:

"Ask, and it will be given to you;
seek, and you will find;
knock, and it will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks receives,
and he who seeks finds,
and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Or what man is there among you who,
when his son asks for a loaf,
will give him a stone?
Or if he asks for a fish,
he will not give him a snake, will he?
If you then, being evil,
know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your Father who is in heaven
give what is good to those who ask Him!"
(Matthew 7:7-11)

I am so thankful for a Father to takes delight in answering my hopes and dreams, fears and requests. How much worry I would save myself if I always remembered His love and His desire to hear me!

This lesson, which was so vividly real to me this morning was already fading to the back of my mind when I sat down to blog this afternoon. Next on my list of blog-posts-to-write was a review of the product featured in DaySpring's May (in)spired deals that I had been generously sent. I began the ho-hum task of meeting the reviewers' requirements: including the correct links, the header, the photo... I even began to type what would have become a rather stiff and mechanical little article when I actually stopped and looked at the photo of the product I had been sent.

(insert jaw drop and stunned pause)

I do not believe that it was coincidence that this month I was sent the beautiful carved Ask, Seek, Knock wall hanging or that I "happened" to be writing my review today. The truth upon which I was meditating this morning was driven home with new force. I am planning to hang this new art in our master bedroom. My hope is that as I see it each day I will be reminded of God's passionate and tender care for me, of how He wants to answer, reveal, and open for me as I ask, seek, and knock.


Today I am thankful to be reviewing the above product. It was sent to me for free so that I could review it, and all of the stuff I said about it is my own opinion.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

i love the way that the Lord gets our attention with his words and his loving kindnesses to us. thank you for this.