Sunday, May 8, 2011

brief musings

I have had a lovely Mother's Day. I have gone to church with my special guys, been indulged with uncustomary Sunday morning photos, received extra hugs and kisses, been fed well, treated to a day off of nap police duties, and taken a lovely nap myself. It's been nice.

I have to say, though, that the best gifts are the ones I receive every day. I love being a Mama, and I love the every-day cuddles, readings, smiles, comfortings, and interactings. One specific daily gift that has been particularly delighting me lately is seeing the boys become better and better friends. We certainly have our moments of upheaval and stress as they don't get along, but overall, they are so sweet to each other. I take particular delight at this season in our lives in observing their bond strengthen every day. I'm so thankful to have a front row seat to watch what I, as an only child, never experienced!

2 comments:

Tammie said...

it is such a joy. <3

Emily Real said...

Beautiful! Love the peek into your sons' friendship. What fun brotherly photos, discovering life together! :)