Friday, May 6, 2011

baby bibs

This week my big project has been finishing the details of and hostessing a bridal shower for a good friend. In addition, I have been attending to the grind-y parts of business: packaging and shipping orders, corresponding about payment options/problems with Paypal, giving estimates for custom work, and communicating with photography clients. Whew. Plus I had the opportunity to spend most of one day doing stuff with my husband (attending a presentation by an intern he's been supervising, eating out for lunch, doing some shopping...who could pass up an offer like that?). All that to say that I've had a full and busy week, though I haven't done a lot of serious crafting.

Last week, however, I was able to complete a small alteration job (not so interesting that I took the time to photograph it), make a bit of progress on Brother's big boy quilt, and sew a pair of bibs for my new niece. I love making upcycled denim bibs; they're inexpensive, adorable, and practical (stains hardly show, and they are very durable). The backs of these particular bibs is a sparkley pink and purple stripe print. The front of one is decorated with a trio of pink and purple appliquéd hearts, and the other with white rick-rack and pink and purple flower buttons.

(Sadly, the lighting was poor, and you can't see just how cute the pinks and purples were.)

I was delighted to be able to package the bibs up along with the blanket and hat I had made and four tiny flower hair clips and to send them off for my brother- and sister-in-law to use when their little one arrives. It has to be one of the most satisfying sensations to gift things I have made lovingly with my own hands.

Linking up with Jennifer's Studio Sneak Peek today. (Hooray! I actually wrote my sneak peak friday post on Friday this week!) : )

5 comments:

stitching under oaks said...

the bibs are adorable! What a blessing that package is going to be when it arrives at your brother and sister in law's house! beautiful work, as usual. Have a Happy Mother's Day this Sunday!

Cindy said...

I love the bibs - I habitually save old jeans "for the fabric"...now I have a project! And I just noticed that one of the calligraphy pens in your photo is a hand with a finger pointing for the nib! Wonderful!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I seem to have a lot of weeks like that... full and busy but not a lot of serious painting getting done. lol The day with you husband sounds wonderful! These bibs are SO cute. What a great idea! :)

Bonita Rose said...

these are adorable!

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

what a lovely memory of those bib days- Happy Mothers Day. Coming over from Studio JRU!