Thursday, May 19, 2011

plants

All of the glorious springyness in the air has me itching be do something with the pretty plants I love so much. We won't be attempting to really garden this year since our ground still needs significant preparation involving more time and energy than we have this year. (Benjamin is going to be back in school plus working one full-time job and two part-time jobs plus being an amazing husband and father. Yes, I'm very proud of him. And I have all sorts of things in my summer schedule including taking part in three weddings, investing in the boys, and having a baby.)

Anyway, all that to say that we're sticking to container gardening on our porch this year. I'm a little sad, but overall I'm very relieved to not have the burden of larger-scale gardening right now. Although it won't be warm enough to place the plants in the ground for a couple of weeks still, we couldn't resist purchasing some plants. Until they can go outside, they looks wonderful on our counter.

Brother chose these striking marigolds.
He particularly loves the reddish one.

Little Man chose these cheerful pansies.
He also chose some pepper plants.
I told him that I love him a lot to get pepper plants for him
since I really don't like them. : )

I chose tomato plants
as well as fragrant basil and rosemary.

And I simply couldn't leave my dream geranium behind.
I love the deep, richly colored blooms
and ornate leaves.

I can't wait to see these small plants flourish with a little care over the summer!

1 comment:

Tammie said...

such beautiful expressions of God's love for us, his creativity, and propensity to beauty. <3