Saturday, April 24, 2010

another baby quilt

Last week I finished yet another baby quilt. This is for some friends who are expecting a second little girl this summer.

I made this quilt from various scraps of feminine pastel fabrics. Some of the pieces I had to work with were 5 1/2 inch squares left over from other quilts, so I pieced other squares from the remaining scraps in a variety of combinations of smaller squares and rectangle stripes to make more 5 1/2 inch squares. I then laid them out randomly.

I finished the quilt by backing it with lavender fabric and loosely stippling it. I am more convinced than ever that learning to free motion quilt was a good idea. I just love how this quilt turned out. The colors and prints tie together amazingly well, and the quilting just helps unify it even more.

2 comments:

stitching under oaks said...

Christina, it's beautiful....very nicely done. I'm sure the mom and new baby will love it!

SarahZ said...

DARLING!! Love the new "header", too:)