Friday, April 23, 2010

Recipe Review

This week I made these carrot cake cookies to share with friends from church with whom we get together every week. I've been wanting to make these for a while since I love and always have loved carrot cake. The idea of carrot cake cookies seemed like a fun twist on my traditional favorite. I am happy to report that these cookies tasted just as good as I had hoped they would. They were tasty piping hot from the over, they were fabulous after they had been glazed and cooled, but they were most delicious on the second day. I gobbled down more than I care to admit.

The only complaint that I have about these cookies is that the glaze never really firmed up but rather stayed a gooey, creamy consistency. The gooey glaze was perfect when the cookies were put faces together for a cookie sandwich, but I wanted them for transporting un-sandwiched to share with friends. The glaze stuck to the plastic wrap, leaving a somewhat sticky mess. Don't get me wrong, everyone still loved them, but when I make them again I'll either sandwich them or use a firmer glaze. In fact, I think it's safe to say that I'll just sandwich them because that cream cheese glaze is the perfect flavor.

1 comment:

stitching under oaks said...

oh, delicious...I'll have to try those for my mom. she loves carrot cake.