Thursday, April 8, 2010

Graduation gift/new item in Etsy store

One of my friends is graduating from high school this spring. For her graduation gift, I made a calligraphy of her name along with a verse that makes me think of her. I am enjoying playing with some new styles and techniques and like how this turned out.

I like drawing all the tiny, careful details.
And I love how it looks in its wooden frame and navy blue suede matting.
As I was working, I came up with the idea of selling personalized name calligraphies. Since this is an excellent example of a girly name art, I thought I'd use it as the example in my Etsy store. Now all I have to do is make a boyish one too, but that might have to wait a little while.

[It just occurred to me that I hope Sarah doesn't read my blog. If you do, Sarah, I'm sorry for spoiling the surprise!]

2 comments:

Tammie said...

hehe. i think sarah reads your blog. but i don't think she'll mind a sneak preview--it's something to look forward to.

Sarah said...

I guess I'll have to admit that I do, in fact, enjoy reading your blog on a regular basis. I'm sorry, I didn't know what awaited me this time I visited it!

Then I'll add that just the first glimpse has brought tears to my eyes. (I promise I won't give your post a thorough reading yet though, okay?)