Sunday, April 25, 2010

Project Spring Clean: The plan of action

We moved into our house almost exactly two years ago. I did quite a thorough cleaning when we moved in, so I didn't have to worry about spring cleaning. Last spring I was expecting Brother, chasing a 1 1/2 year old and trying to cultivate a garden, and spring cleaning just didn't happen. This year I am determined to do a thorough, spring cleaning of at least the upstairs section of our house. I am hoping to get it all done this week. Here is my optimistic plan of action.

Monday: Wash curtains thoroughly clean bathroom.

Tuesday: Dust, vacuum, de-clutter, and organize master bedroom. Go through clothes and decide which need to be gotten rid of. Put curtains up again, make bed with clean sheets.

Wednesday: Dust, vacuum, de-clutter, and organize boys' room and the bathroom. Put the curtains up again. Work on organization system for boys' clothes.

Thursday: Dust, vacuum, de-clutter, and tidy living room and dining room. Put the curtains back up.

Friday: Sweep/mop the dining room and kitchen. Clean cabinets and drawers, organize and sort what is in them. Clean all the woodwork.

Saturday: Finish any of the jobs that needed to be postponed during the week.

My goal is to take photos of the shiny-clean rooms as I complete them and give a virtual tour through the week. I'm hoping doing so will help keep me motivated and on task. : )

No comments: