Thursday, April 22, 2010

gardeny thoughts

A couple of weekends ago, Benjamin and Little Man took advantage of the beautiful weather (and of my need for a nap) and went outside and dug up about half of my garden area for me. I was delighted.

When the weather starts warming up after the long, long winter, I just can't wait to get my fingers and toes into some nice garden dirt and start planting. (Incidentally, Little Man is watching me write and is excitedly exclaiming about this photo of me "playing in the dirt.") I am eagerly watching for greenhouses to be erected outside of our little town stores and can't wait to start buying little plants.

As eager as I am to get started, I do have to wait. A couple of days after enjoying that day of beautiful, sunny gardening weather, we woke up to about six inches of snow. That's spring in Montana for you. I am hoping, though, to be able to start planing in the middle of May.

1 comment:

Raise Them Up said...

It's been way too long since I've caught up with you! :) I think I'd be crushed to look out and see snow so late in the spring. But we have to be careful here, too. We usually figure Mother's day for peppers and tomatoes and such.